This yard is in school district No. 6, toward a mile south of the school house on the road past the Advent church, on the old Caleb Fitts homestead, now owned by Jeremiah Haggerty. It is the burial lot of Caleb Fitts, together with some relatives and neighbors. The lot is about 30 by 50 feet, and some twenty-five rods from the road, opposite of the house. It contains thirteen graves, five of which are marked from that time that it was laid out. It is well surrounded by a stone wall, but trees and bushes have grown up, owing to the moving away of those most interested. Those stones marked show that buried here are Caleb Fitts, who died February 5, 1841, aged 85 years, (his son Caleb was buried at Charlton center); Rachel, wife of Caleb Fitts, (her maiden name was Patch), died November 14, 1831, aged 68 years; Tryphena Hall, died September 16, 1861, aged 86 years; Altheusia, wife of Otis Darling, a daughter of Mrs. Tryphena Hall, died December 1, 1866, aged 56 years; Lois, wife of Stephen Belknap, (a sister of Mrs. Fitts), died May 17, 1845, aged 91 years; this stone was erected by Timothy Chase of Belfast, Maine, a son by a previous marriage. Among those whose graves are unmarked, we understand, one is a Leonard Fitts, and another a Theodore Hall, who was drowned in one of the ponds of the town.
Source: Reverend Anson Titus compiled for the 1875 Centennial