37 Main Street
Charlton, MA 01507
Mon, Wed, Thu
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Every other Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. during a regularly scheduled
Board of Selectmen's meeting or by appointment. Meetings are held in the Selectmen's Meeting room.
Town Administrator Directory
Robin L. Craver
Robin L. Craver
The Town Administrator works under the administrative direction and policy direction of the Board of Selectmen. The Town Administrator is evaluated by the Board of Selectmen based upon the achievement of agreed upon goals and objectives.
The Town Administrator is also the Chief Procurement Officer.
Specific duties of the Town Administrator include:
- Administers and directs activities of the office of the Board of Selectmen; oversees and monitors the performance of principal departments on behalf of selectmen; supervises daily operations of the office and maintains liaison with the Board of Selectmen.
- Assists the Board of Selectmen with the development of policies, carries out the policies and instructions of the Board of Selectmen and informs the board about the effectiveness of policies; attends all meetings of the Board of Selectmen; assists in preparation of the meeting agenda, researches issues for the board, and keeps the board informed concerning matters affecting the town.
- Acts as the agent for the Board of Selectmen and represents the interest of the Board of Selectmen and the town in negotiations with other governmental agencies, town vendors and other parties in accordance with established policies and priorities.
- Acts as personnel director and manages the personnel processes of the town which include issuing oral warnings, written warnings and suspensions with prior knowledge of the Board of Selectmen.
- Coordinates preparation and execution of department budgets under the jurisdiction of the Board of Selectmen, reviews warrants for payment and advises the board of any problems; keeps abreast of local aid policies and impact of the Town; prepares the town's capital improvement program.
- In partnership with the Town Accountant, the Town Administrator analyses financial reports.
- The Town Administrator carries out the duties of the Chief Procurement Officer.
- Oversees or prepares grant applications; and keeps the Board of Selectmen informed concerning the fiscal condition of the town.
- Negotiates collective bargaining contracts; administers collective bargaining contracts; and participates in the grievance process.
- Works with both elected and appointed boards, commissions and committees.
- Performs community liaison functions by accepting complaints and solving citizen problems; listens to criticism and suggestions of citizens, businesses, builders, state agencies and others.
- Meets and negotiates with vendors and contractors; monitors the progress of vendors or contractors as required.
Forms and Documents