View information in regards to how to obtain a marriage license or marriage certificate in Charlton.
- The couple must appear together in person at the Town Clerk’s Office.
- There are three worksheets that must be filled out.
- There is a $10 filing fee payable to Town of Charlton.
- The license is good for 60 days from the date filed (if you are not married within 60 days, the certificate is null and void).
- There is also a three-day hold on the Notice of Intention of Marriage before it can be picked up.
- Please note that Massachusetts does not require blood tests for marriage.
Marriage Certificates may be obtained by calling in advance or stopping into the Town Clerk’s Office. There is a $5 fee payable by check to Town of Charlton or pay online through UniPay.
Who Can Conduct My Wedding?