Conservation Commission


The Conservation Committee oversees any work that involves removing, filling, dredging, or altering:

  • An Area Within:
    • 100 Feet of a Wetland
    • 200 Feet of Any Perennial Rivers or Streams
  • Flood Zones
  • Other Protected Areas

An application for a permit requires filing with the Conservation Commission.

Permits Issued

Consultants fees may be assessed to new filings as of 2/19/2020. Please click here for additional information.

  • Determination of Applicability
  • Notification of Non-Significance
  • Order of Conditions
  • Order of Resource Area Delineation

Advertising Requirements

Notices are to be placed in a newspaper of general circulation in the locality, by the Commission at least five days prior to a public hearing. Abutters within 100 feet of applicant’s property line will be notified by the applicant using certified mail.

Please leave paperwork in the Selectmen’s office when Conservation office is closed. The Selectmen’s office is located in the town hall at 37 Main Street.