Water / Sewer Commission
Per ExxonMobil’s agreement with the MassDEP, property owners have until April 6, 2022 to agree to the municipal water line service connection.
If the property owner chooses not to sign the Agreement by April 6, 2022, they may elect to connect to municipal water later at their own expense (additional privilege fees may also be charged). ExxonMobil, with the approval of the MassDEP, may stop sampling the potable well and providing a supply of bottled water in the future if the property owner does not elect not to connect to municipal water.
Kleinfelder has been sending quarterly reminders since the water mains were activated in April 2021. If you are interested in the service connection, please contact Moira Johnson of Kleinfelder before April 6, 2022 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-270-6558.
About the Commission
The Water/Sewer Commission is a five member committee responsible for overseeing all matters related to public water and sewer in the Town of Charlton
Many of our forms and permits for the Water/Sewer Dept. are listed below.
Those looking to do business are still encouraged to do so by remote means through resources available at www.townofcharlton.net
View the following water Press Releases:
- Estimating Water Costs for Charlton (PDF)
- ExxonMobil: Our Charlton Commitment
- Town of Charlton Water Agreement with ExxonMobil (PDF)
Sewer Moratorium update: At a regular scheduled meeting Monday, July 13, 2020, of the water and sewer commission the following motion was approved:
Mr. Gagner motioned to extend the Moratorium to August 3, 2022, subject to the fact, that it can be modified by the Commission within these two years. The purpose of this Motion is to orderly and fairly, allocate the prescribed capacity in the following manner and amounts: The Capacity is 100,000 gallons per day of residential like sewerage. 50,000 gallons per day to be reserved for residential use, those residents within the current sewer area: and 50,000 gallons per day to be reserved for commercial and industrial growth. To qualify, for the commercial-industrial availability of 50,000 gallons per day, no one applicant will be allowed to request more than 10,000 gallons per day capacity without approval by the commission. Residential, commercial and industrial applicants, not within the service area can be reviewed by the Commission. The Commission has the right to review and modify this Moratorium at any time. This Motion shall remain in effect until August 3, 2022, or when capacity is reached, if sooner. Seconded by Mr. Donohue. Motion passes unanimously.
- 2022 Town of Charlton Drainlayers
- Application - Drain Layer (PDF)
- Application - Sewer Connection Application Packet (PDF)
- Application for Metered Billing (PDF)
- Application for Water Tie In (PDF)
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Grinder Pump Policy (PDF)
- License for Drain Layers Bylaw (PDF)
- Map of Sewer Lines
- Rate Schedule
- Sewer Rates FY23
- Rules and Regulations for Metered Water and Sewer Billing (PDF)
- Senior Citizen Sewer User Abatement Exemption Form (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Contact Information (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Dept. Construction Standards
- Water and Sewer FAQs (PDF)
- Water Map with Water Main Extensions (PDF)